Wednesday, February 1, 2012

MRI = Major Frustration



Today was the day of my yearly MRI, or at least it was suppose to be. 

After freaking out all week about the upcoming appointment My husband and I drive a hour away, I take my "I wont remember a thing or give a shit" medication. We are all checked in and waiting for them to come out and get me. I am nosy so I am looking over the order for the MRI, and low and behold it is only marked for a brain MRI. Hmmmmm, that is a little odd since my biggest and most problem causing lesion is on my C-4, that is in the spine and NOT the brain. They tried to call my neuro office to see if they can get a message to her since it was 6:00pm and the office is closed, BUT the MRI people say they cant take orders/changes over the phone. I am given the choice to go ahead and do the Brain MRI and then come back at a later date for the C-spine MRI. NOPE, NO WAY!! I HATE have MRIs done and am HORRIBLY claustrophobic. If I have to be shoved into a small loud machine I am going to do it once and only once. I have to be medicated to even be a little bit ok with having a MRI. Oh, and speaking of being medicated, I had already taken my meds before I was aware I wasn't going to be able to get the MRI done. Kind of a waste if you ask me.

I have already spoken with my neurologist and we can hopefully get everything all figured out and get the corrected orders put in. I really want to get it done before my husband has to leave. he knows how crazy I get when it comes to a MRI and has been allowed to be in the room with me, standing next to the machine touching my leg. Just having him there helps A LOT.

Well I am nice and drugged up from my medication that was suppose to help with relaxing me for the MRI so I cant really type out much more. Guess it is time for bed.

And if this doesn't make much sense it is all the medications fault!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment