Sunday, January 29, 2012

What's in a name?

I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while, but there was always one thing that kept holding me back, what do I name my blog? I always see blogs with really cool names and I didn't want to have a "lame" name. I came up with a few different names but I never got that "That's my blog name" feeling from them. Until, last night! I finally came up with a name.
(with the help of some friends)

Why did I pick this name? What the heck does it mean? Why is the M and S capitalized in the word monster?

I plan to blog about my life, and a big part of my life is living with Multiple Sclerosis (MS). A lot of people who have MS refer to it as "The Monster" and I am one of those people. I decided to have the M and S capitalized to represent MS.

I wont only be blogging about MS, there are many other things in my life and there are other "monsters" in my life (eg- my children, my husband, being a army wife, cooking, reading....you get the point) No, I am not calling my children and husband monsters, well on most days I dont. Just using the word to tie in all the other parts of my life.

I am just getting started in the blogging world so please bear with me while I get the hang of this.
A little FYI- I am no English scholar. I cant guarantee that I will always spell 100%  or that my punctuation will be 100% either. Heck, I cant guarantee I will always make sense. My hands are constantly numb due to MS and sometimes it is a little hard to type and I may miss a typo.

If you are looking for perfection you have come to the wrong place. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment